Rainbow Mountain Trek
Full Day Tour
4:15 – 4:45AM
Acommodation Pick Up
Click on Photos to view Gallery
Discover the stunning Rainbow Mountain also called Vinicunca. You’ll be picked up at your accommodation between 4:15AM – 4:45AM, please be aware that due to the different hotel locations, your pick-up time will fall within a 40-minute window. This is a standard practice for all Cusco tours, your hotel may be picked up first or last depending on the itinerary. Then you’ll start the day with a breakfast in Cusipata before heading to Phulawasipata, where the 1.5 – 2 hour trek to the Rainbow Mountain mirador (at an altitude of 5100 meters) begins.
Along the way, you’ll be treated to views of Andean animals, birds, and landscapes. Safety is always a priority, which is why the operator will always have oxygen bottles and first aid kits available.
After the experience at the mirador, we’ll return to Cusipata for a well-deserved lunch before heading back to Cusco. Don’t miss the chance to witness the unique colors of Rainbow Mountain and enjoy yourself in the natural beauty of the Andes!
Important: If you feel that the trek might be too challenging for you, you have the option to rent a horse (average 80 soles additional). This can be done on the day of your trek. Once you arrive to Phulawasipata (where the trekking begins), you can speak directly with a local citizen from the town to rent your horse.
How far is Rainbow Mountain from Cusco? Rainbow Mountain is located 100km south of Cusco.
Where is Rainbow Mountain?
- 7 km (round-trip) – 5 Hour Hike.
- Rainbow Mountain is considered a Hard Level Trek.
- Participants will have accommodation pick up, however, your tour drop off will be in Cusco downtown (this is the process with all operators in Cusco downtown).
- The success of this experience relies on teamwork, be on time for the activities through out the day.
- Accommodation Pick Up
- Tourist Transportation
- Certified Bilingual Tour Guide
- Oxygen Bottles and First Aid Kits
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance Ticket (25 soles)
- Hiking Boots and Trekking Gear
- Accommodation Drop Off (drop off is in Cusco downtown).
What to Wear
- Hiking Boots
- Trekking Gear
- Comfortable Pants
- Wind Jacket
Any cancellations or changes must be made 48 hours in advance and a 20% administration fee will apply. Cancellations or no-shows after this time will result in a 100% cancellation fee. By booking our services or products, you agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and your party.
Please keep in mind that during Peruvian holiday/vacation weeks tours might be busier than usual due to increased number in visitors. The duration and pricing of the tour may vary, this is not just with us but with all tour operators across the country.
- Limited Groups, book in advance.
- Send us a direct message if you want to make a last minute reservation, after 22:00 the previous night.
Lima Walking Experience
Lima Market Food Tour