Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley Trek
Full Day Tour
4:15 – 4:45AM
Acommodation Pick Up
Click on Photos to view Gallery
South of Cusco, on a 100-km road trip, you can find the amazing Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley. You’ll be picked up at your accommodation between 4:15 – 4:45AM, please be aware that due to the different hotel locations, your pick-up time will fall within a 40-minute window. This is a standard practice for all Cusco tours, your hotel may be picked up first or last depending on the itinerary.
Your adventure starts with a nice stop for breakfast in Cusipata, and then it’s a smooth ride to Phulawasipata. Here, a fun 1.5- to 2-hour hike will take you to Rainbow Mountain mirador, which sits at a height of 5100masl.
After visiting the mountain, you’ll have a unique chance to check out the peaceful, less-touristic Red Valley. This hidden gem is in a place where you and your friends can enjoy this natural beauty formed by mineral deposits. You’ll have some time to relax and take some pictures before continuing along the path back to your transfer. Once you arrive back to the starting point of your trek, you’ll head back to Cusipata for lunch before finishing your tour in Cusco downtown.
The tour operator cares deeply about your comfort and well-being. This all-inclusive package makes sure that your trip goes smoothly and that you have a blast. It includes transportation for tourists, oxygen bottles and a first aid kit, breakfast and lunch, and expert guidance from a professional bilingual tour guide.
This round-trip hike covers a total of 7 km and takes about 5 hours. It is a challenging Level: HARD LEVEL experience.
Where is Rainbow Mountain?
- 7 km (round-trip) – 5 Hour Hike
- Rainbow Mountain is considered a Hard Level Trek.
- Participants will have accommodation pick up, however, your tour drop off will be in Cusco downtown (this is the process with all operators in Cusco downtown).
- The success of this experience relies on teamwork, be on time for the activities through out the day.
- Accommodation Pick Up
- Tourist Transportation
- Certified Bilingual Tour Guide
- Oxygen Bottles and First Aid Kits
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance Ticket (25 soles)
- Red Valley (20 soles)
- Hiking Boots and Trekking Gear
- Accommodation Drop Off (drop off is in Cusco downtown).
What to Wear
- Hiking Boots
- Trekking Gear
- Comfortable Pants
- Wind Jacket
Any cancellations or changes must be made 48 hours in advance and a 20% administration fee will apply. Cancellations or no-shows after this time will result in a 100% cancellation fee. By booking our services or products, you agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and your party.
Please keep in mind that during Peruvian holiday/vacation weeks tours might be busier than usual due to increased number in visitors. The duration and pricing of the tour may vary, this is not just with us but with all tour operators across the country.
- Limited Groups, book in advance.
- Send us a direct message if you want to make a last minute reservation, after 22:00 the previous night.
Lima Walking Experience
Lima Market Food Tour