September 8th 2023 | Lima Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
Paracas and Huacachina Full Day Tour
1. What does The Standard Tour include?
– The Standard package includes pick up at McDonalds in Kennedy Park, Miraflores at 5:00AM, Ballestas Islands + Entrance Ticket, Pisco Vineyard tasting, 2 Hour Dune Buggy and Sandboarding with Sunset tour + Entrance Ticket, drop off at McDonalds.
– Not included in this package: Accommodation pick up/drop off, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2. What does The Premium Tour include?
– The Premium package includes pick up at your accommodation if you are located in Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco. If you’re staying outside of these districts, you’ll need to meet your tour guide at the McDonalds in Kennedy Park, Miraflores at 5:00AM, Ballestas Islands entrance ticket, Pisco Vineyard tasting, Lunch, 2 Hour Dune Buggy and Sandboarding with Sunset Tour, accommodation/McDonalds drop off.
– Not included in this package: Breakfast and dinner.
3. What do I wear during the tour/What is the weather like?
– Paracas can be a bit cold especially in the mornings, so it’s recommended to bring a fleece (jacket, hoodie, or windbreaker). For guys, we recommend wearing shorts or comfortable pants, while leggings are a great choice for girls.
– Huacachina experiences hot days and cooler evenings, so we suggest wearing comfortable shoes that can handle some sand, don’t forget your sunglasses and sunscreen! A bandana is also recommended for keeping sand off the dunes but is not mandatory.
4. Where do I buy a bandana?
– Again, bandanas are not mandatory but recommended. While in Paracas and Huacachina you’ll be able to find bandanas for sale.
5. Do we need to bring anything with us?
– We recommend you to bring cash incase you want to buy souvenirs, snacks, bandanas, sunglasses, etc.
– Bring your original passports, there’s always as possibility for a highway inspection from the police.
6. How do we recognize the tour guide?
– All our Lima Experience tour guides will be in a proper uniform. The tour guide will have on a mustard baseball cap that says “Lima Experience,” as well as, a purple Lima Experience t-shirt.
7. How do I know what time I’ll be picked up for the tour?
– On the afternoon/evening before your scheduled tour, you’ll be added to a WhatsApp group with your fellow travelers and tour guide. Here, you’ll receive important details about your tour, including your pick-up schedule.
– The success of this experience relies on teamwork, please be on time for your pick up and activities throughout the day.
7. How much money should I bring for the tour?
– The amount you should bring for a full day trip to Paracas and Huacachina may vary depending on your chosen package and whether lunch is included. Typically, having around $50 USD per person for spending money is a good idea, but your specific expenses may be different depending on personal preferences.
– While credit and debit cards are becoming more widely accepted, it’s still better to carry some cash because there are some small towns and places that may not accept cards or may have a minimal purchase amount for card transactions.
8. Can I exchange money somewhere?
– Yes, in Paracas, there are ATM machines and a currency exchange service available. However, because Paracas is a small town sometimes the ATM machines can run out of cash, so we still highly recommend bringing cash.
9. What is the transportation like during the tour?
– We hire Sprinter vans or Mini-buses for comfort, and our transportation varies depending on the number of passengers.
– To provide passengers more room during the travel and to ensure their safety and comfort, we make sure there are empty seats in the transportation.
10. Will we stop for breakfast during the tour?
– Yes, Once we arrive in Paracas, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy breakfast at Fruzion Restaurant (breakfast cost not included) before the Ballestas Islands tour.
11. Will we stop for dinner during the tour?
– Yes, Once we arrive in Huacachina, you’ll have some free time to explore the oasis and pre-order your dinner (dinner cost not included) before the Dune Buggy tour. After the tour, you’ll have time to go pick up your meal before heading back to Lima.
12. How far away is Paracas from Lima?
– It takes around 3 to 3.5 hours to get from Lima to Paracas by bus or private transfer.
13. How far away is Huacachina from Lima?
– It takes around 4 to 4.5 hours to get from Huacachina to Lima by bus or private transfer.
14. Is there a bathroom on the bus?
– No, there are no bathrooms on the bus, we recommend using the restroom before pick up. On the way to Paracas, we will have a brief stop for the travelers to use the restrooms.
15. Where are the meeting points along the trip?
– The meeting point in Paracas is Fruzion Restaurant.
– The meeting point in Huacachina is Wild Olive Restaurant.
16. What is the cancellation policy?
– We work with third-party companies, any cancellations or changes must be made 48 hours in advance and a 20% administration fee will apply. Cancellations or no-shows after this time will result in a 100% cancellation fee. By booking our services or products, you agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and your party.
17. What is the Full Day to Paracas and Huacachina Tour?
– Interested in booking a Full Day to Paracas and Huacachina? We offer an Epic Experience rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor and Google. Check out our Experience Here!
Lima Experience | 2023