2 Day Tour Lima to Huacachina:
Night in Huacachina
Visit Paracas Along The Way
4:50 – 5:40AM
2 Full Days
Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro
|Accommodation Pick Up|
Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro
|9:15||Arrive in Paracas|
ATV National Reserve
|Lunch (Included) + Wine|
and Pisco Tasting
|Arrive in Huacachina Oasis|
+ Free Time to Explore
|Dune Buggy & Sandboarding |
with Sunset Tour
Night in Huacachina
|Meet at Wild Olive Restaurant|
Return back to Lima
|Accommodation Drop Off |
Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco
Click on Photos to view Gallery
Day 1: An Adventure to the Ballestas Islands and Huacachina
Let’s take a 2 day tour from Lima to Huacachina, and visit Paracas along the way.
You’ll be picked up from your accommodation between 4:50 – 5:40AM (if you’re located in our pick up districts). If you aren’t located in our districts, you can meet your tour guide at 5:00AM at the McDonald’s in Kennedy Park. Once all travelers are picked up we’ll head towards Paracas, stopping along the way to grab a quick snack to eat. On arrival to Paracas, you’ll take an exciting speed boat ride to the Ballestas Islands to see sea lions and many different kinds of birds. Explore the history of Paracas, learn about it’s strange history with birds, as well as “bird poop”, and try to solve the mystery of the “Mystery Chandelier.”
NOTE: This is optional, while your group is out on the boat trip touring the islands, you can have a different experience! For an extra $16 USD (per person), take a 2-hour ATV journey to the National Reserve (entrance included).
Please Note: this ATV ride is in Paracas and is not the Dune Buggy ride in Huacachina. Enjoy a fun and unique ride to breathtaking views of the reserve, where the ocean meets the desert. If you choose the ATV experience, please note that it replaces the boat tour; you won’t be able to do both activities.
But that’s just the beginning! We’ll stop at a beautiful Peruvian Pisco vineyard on our way to Huacachina. Here, you’ll try different kinds of pisco and wines and learn about the fermenting process. Take in the nature around you and the tranquil atmosphere, enjoy an authentic Peruvian lunch surrounded by nature and new friends.
After a delicious lunch and pisco tasting, we’ll make our way to Huacachina, an oasis in the middle of a desert that is surrounded by tall sand dunes. This is the highlight of the tour, take some time to explore the oasis before you hop on a dune buggy! Do you like adrenaline? Then you’ll love the dune buggy ride through the incredible landscape of the dunes, followed by the experience of sandboarding down the slopes – we promise you will remember this day forever.
As the sun slowly goes down, painting the sky with bright colors, we’ll choose the best spot on top of the dunes to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Take a moment to be in the present and appreciate all the different things you’ve done that day. After this beautiful experience, you’ll head back to Huacachina for some free time. Spend the night at your accommodation (not included in package).
Day 2: Free Time in Huacachina
When you wake up in Huacachina, you can make your own plans for the day. You can choose to spend the day relaxing by a peaceful hotel pool or take a moto taxi and go explore Ica! Whatever you do, it’s up too you!
We hope that you enjoyed your free time, and we’ll be waiting for you between 18:30 – 18:45pm at the Wild Olive Restaurant in Huacachina. Here, you’ll meet your Lima Experience tour guide and get back on the bus to head to Lima. You’ll be dropped back off at your accommodation if you’re within our drop-off districts. If not, we will drop you at our meeting point at McDonalds in Kennedy Park.
To good to be true? – Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor or Google Maps and Sign Up Today for an amazing day trip from Lima.
- Participants will have time to buy snacks or small breakfast in Paracas.
- Please be advised that The Paracas Port may be closed due to weather conditions. The decision is made by the Navy and applies for all tour operators and travel agencies. If the Port is closed, don’t worry, we have a back up plan! We’ll visit to the Paracas National Reserve.
- The Dune Buggy and Sandboarding Tour is considered an adrenaline/extreme experience. You may feel like your riding on a rollercoaster while racing through the dunes. Please keep this in mind and for those who prefer a calm ride, please let us know in advance.
- We do not have control over Mother-Nature, most days in Huacachina are beautiful and sunny. However, it is possible to have cloudy days without sunset.
- Participants can pre-order take out dinner once they arrive in Huacachina and can pick it up before heading back to Lima.
- Participants need to climb a small dune to reach the buggy’s.
- The success of this experience relies on teamwork, be on time for the activities through out the day.
- Accommodation Pick up/Drop off
- Private and Comfortable Transportation
- Certified Bilingual Tour Guide
- Entrance Fee to Ballestas Islands
- Speed Boat Trip to the Ballestas Islands
- Pisco Vineyard Tour
- Lunch Day 1, Vegetarian Options Available
- Entrance Fee to Dune Buggy Tour
- Dune Buggy & Sandboarding Tour (Basic Sandboard Included and is used for going down the Dune on your Stomach)
- If your accommodation is located outside of our pick up/drop off districts, please take a taxi/uber and meet your guide at 5:00AM at the McDonalds located at Kennedy Park, Miraflores. Please Click for Map
- Accommodation in Huacachina
- Lunch Day 2
- Breakfast and Dinner on Day 1 and Day 2
- Professional Sandboard (Rent a Professional Sandboard For an Additional $12)
- Alcoholic Drinks after the Wine Tasting
What to Wear
- Wind Jacket
- Comfortable Pants
We work with third-party companies, any cancellations or changes must be made 48 hours in advance and a 20% administration fee will apply. Cancellations or no-shows after this time will result in a 100% cancellation fee. By booking our services or products, you agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and your party.
Our Ballestas Islands and Dune Buggy Tour both last approximately 2 hours. However, during Peruvian vacations and holidays, all tours may be reduced to 1 hour due to high demand. Please note, this is not just with us, but with all tour operators around the country.
- Limited Groups, book in advance.
- Send us a direct message if you want to make a last minute reservation, after 22:00 the previous night.
Lima Walking Experience
Lima Market Food Tour